We’ve been testing out some recipes using our wines and this summery dessert was so delicious we just have to share it with you to make it at home. This is a nice and easy recipe so do try it for yourself and please share any photographs with your efforts on our social media pages (Twitter @hattingleywines / Instagram @hattingleywines / Facebook /hattingleyvalley )
Summer Sorbet with Hattingley Sparkle:
175 ml water
6oz granulated sugar
3 large peaches/5 smaller donut peaches
3 tabs elderflower cordial
1 egg white – whipped
½ bottle of Hattingley Valley Classic
* Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until dissolved, cool completely.
* Immerse peaches in boiling water for one minute, slip off skins & stone.
* Blend, peaches, cooled syrup and elderflower cordial.
* Stir in chilled Hattingley Valley sparkling wine.
* Fold in whipped egg white.
* Pour mixture into 2 litre capacity ice cream maker & freeze.
* Scoop out when ready and serve topped with a few berries for decoration.